For writers of all genre who want to write, and the readers who love them. Find what you want to know.
2021 DEC Calls for Submissions
Below are the CALLS FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR NOVEMBER 2021. Hopefully the new format helps your find what you are looking for faster.The listings are Multiple Genre. If you find a call for submissions you would like added to the list, please EMAIL ME.
- ★ Indicates Resource New Listing
- ⭐ Added after mailout.
★ POETS & WRITERS
WRITING CONTESTS, CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS, EDITING SERVICES, CALLS FOR SUBMISSIONS, AND MORE.
★ WRITER’S RELIEF
Looking for the best opportunities for writers? Our Featured Listings offer the top writing contests, updated calls for submissions, plus great conferences and residencies. We’ve searched the Internet to bring you noteworthy calls for submissions and writing contest info, plus checked in on the hottest conferences and residencies. Writer’s Relief has done all the research so you don’t have to!
A variety of Calls for Submission listed. https://www.newpages.com/classifieds/calls-for-submissions
It is important that you read the complete guidelines for each contest or reading period before submitting your work. Writers submitting work for consideration may be published authors or writers without previous book publications. Submissions are accepted from anyone writing in the English language, whether living in the United States or abroad.
THE SUN MAGAZINE
The Sun is a reader-supported ad-free magazine. We’ve been described in many ways: celebratory, fierce, unflinching, thoughtful, truthful, dark, darkly funny, tender. Contributors tell us that after their work reaches more than 70,000 engaged Sun readers, they often hear from old friends and new admirers.
THE AUTHORS GUILD
Each month we curate a list of contests, fellowships, and other writing opportunities with approaching deadlines. Opportunities will be posted in the month prior to their deadlines, so that you have ample time to submit your work or applications.
View the latest calls for submissions for writing, art, book-length and chapbook-length manuscripts, photography, and more from magazines, publishers, writing conferences and events, writing programs, etc. Informatino added regularly.
COMMUNITY OF LITERARY MAGAZINES AND PRESSES (CLMP)
A long lis of calls for submission for all genres. Working taking a look at. Has a quick genre sorter . Scroll down for current and future dates.
Call for submissions | FIFA’s 40th edition – The International Festival of Films on Art (FIFA) opens its call for submissions for its 40th edition to be held in Montreal from March 15 to 27, 2022. Professional activities and events will take place from March 16 to 20 next year. This call for submissions is aimed at directors, producers or distributors who have finished or are finishing a fiction film about art, a biographical film, a documentary, a performance recording, an art video or media art. It will allow them to premiere their work(s) in Montreal.
PUBLISHING… AND OTHER FORMS OF INSANITY
This January there are more than three dozen writing contests calling for every genre and form, from poetry, to creative nonfiction, to completed novels. Prizes range from $100,000 to publication. None charge entry fees.
Looking for Authors: https://publishedtodeath.blogspot.com/p/publishers-looking-for-authors.html
Calls for Submissions: https://publishedtodeath.blogspot.com/p/calls-for-submissions.html
How to Submit Creative Writing and Art to Stone Soup. Stone Soup welcomes submissions from around the world by writers and artists ages 13 and younger. All submissions must come to us via Submittable. We do not accept submissions by email or by post.
LA SCREEN PLAY AWARDS.COM
SUBMISSIONS: This is the only screenplay competition founded by a team of working Hollywood professionals with more than 1,000 produced credits and a century of collective industry experience. Our roster of Senior Judges includes multiple Oscar, Emmy, Grammy, and WGA Award Winners.
Feature Screenplay https://lascreenplayawards.com/feature-screenplay/
TV Script https://lascreenplayawards.com/tv-script/
Short Screenplay https://lascreenplayawards.com/short-screenplay/
PUBLISHED TO DEATH
88 calls for December – paying markets
“This June there are more than four dozen calls for submissions. All of these are paying markets, and none charge submission fees. As always, every genre, style, and form is wanted, from short stories to poetry to essays.
Happy submitting.” https://publishedtodeath.blogspot.com/
AGENTS & EDITORS
- 60 Calls for Submissions in June 2021 – Paying markets
- Agents: Knowing When To Hold One and When To Fold
- Getting Offers from Multiple Literary Agents
- Literary Agents List
- Preditors and Editors
- Publishing, Writing Terms, Acronyms
- Tips for a Successful Editor Appointment
- Want More? Here’s How to Get It
- What NOT to Do When Beginning Your Novel
- Windup for the (Story) Pitch
- Write the Perfect Book Proposal
CALLS FOR SUBMISSION
FORMATTING & GRAMMAR
- Achieving 250 Words / 25 Lines Per Page
- And Sammy, too? Oh, No!
- Changing Double Hyphens to EM Dashes in Word
- Edit Easier
- High Hopes–Avoiding Common Mistakes
- Misused Words
- Navigating In Your Novel
- Proofreaders Marks
- Rules for Writers
- Slang and Jargon Souces
- Tightening Your Manuscript and Trimming the Word Count
- Copyright Primer, Know Your Rights
- EBooks-Fears to Possibilities
- Finding Markets Fiction and Nonfiction
- Freelance Writing 101
- How To Be a (Shiver) Reporter
- Magazine Links
- Making Money As a Corporate Freelancer
- Market News–All Genres
- Newspaper Writing Resources
- Path to Self-Publishing Success
- Publishing, Writing Terms, Acronyms
- Science Writing Organizations
- Selling to Children’s Markets
- Submission Tracking
- Submitting to UK Markets
- Syndication 101
- To Specialize, or Not to Specialize?
- Why E-Books?
- Writing Groups List
- Youth Writing Markets
- A Dream Realized
- Finding Time to Write
- Five Ways to Promote Yourself
- Fun Inspirations 1
- Fun Inspirations 2
- How Not to Procrastinate
- How to Quit Writing and End up on the Bestseller Lists
- Making Time for Self-Care While Running a Business
- Moving Up the Rejection Ladder
- Pop Quiz: Who Are You?
- Rules for Writers
- The Art of Being Rejected–475 Words
- The Juggling Act
- The Literary Food Chain
- Write Better Naked
- Writer’s Conferences Do You Really Need To Attend?
- Writing By Moonlight
WRITER'S BLOCK & TOOLS
ABOUT WRITING CONTESTS
• ALL WRITING CONTESTS
- 2022 JAN Contests, Workshops, Webinars
- 2021 DEC Contests, Workshops, Webinars
- 2021 NOV-JAN Writing Contests, Webinars
- 2021 OCT-DEC Contests & Workshops
- 2021 SEP-NOV Contests & Workshops
- 2021 AUG-SEP Contests & Workshops
- 2021 JUL-SEP Contests & Workshops
- 2021 JUN-AUG Contests & Workshops
- 2021 MAY-JUL Contests & Workshops
- 2021 APR-JUN Contests & Workshops
- 2021 MAR-MAY Contests & Workshops
- 2021 FEB-APR Contests & Workshops