For writers of all genre who want to write, and the readers who love them. Find what you want to know.
2021 SEP Calls for Submissions
Below are the CALLS FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2021. Hopefully the new format helps your find what you are looking for faster.The listings are Multiple Genre. If you find a call for submissions you would like added to the list, please EMAIL ME.
- ★ Indicates Resource New Listing
- ⭐ Added after mailout.
★ THE AUTHORS GUILD
Each month we curate a list of contests, fellowships, and other writing opportunities with approaching deadlines. Opportunities will be posted in the month prior to their deadlines, so that you have ample time to submit your work or applications.
★ NEW PAGES
View the latest calls for submissions for writing, art, book-length and chapbook-length manuscripts, photography, and more from magazines, publishers, writing conferences and events, writing programs, etc.
★ COMMUNITY OF LITERARY MAGAZINES AND PRESSES (CLMP)
A long lis of calls for submission for all genres. Working taking a look at. Has a quick genre sorter . Scroll down for current and future dates.
★ WAXING AND WANING
Submissions open year-round
1 online / 1 print release per year
Simultaneous submissions accepted (please let us know, however)
Poetry, Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, & Short Films submissions $5
Screenplays/Plays submissions $7
Graphic Stories submissions $3
Art submissions FREE
All submissions must be in proper manuscript format
★ ANN ARBOR FILM FESTIVAL
The Ann Arbor Film Festival is open to experimental films as well as films that demonstrate a high regard for the moving image as an experimental art form, no matter the genre. Each year the AAFF selects 100-145 shorts and features for exhibition in the awards competition portion of the festival. Late Deadline – September 30, 2021
Call for submissions | FIFA’s 40th edition – The International Festival of Films on Art (FIFA) opens its call for submissions for its 40th edition to be held in Montreal from March 15 to 27, 2022. Professional activities and events will take place from March 16 to 20 next year. This call for submissions is aimed at directors, producers or distributors who have finished or are finishing a fiction film about art, a biographical film, a documentary, a performance recording, an art video or media art. It will allow them to premiere their work(s) in Montreal.
★ AUTHORS PUBLISH
Here are 39 paying themed submissions calls for fiction, nonfiction, and poetry, as well as fee-free contests for writers. Some of the themes are: queer growth; ghost stories; wonder; strange; currency; eco horror; dirt; moonlighting (for werewolves, vampires, and other agents of mischief); the sea; crime; and grandpa’s deep-space diner. Also see this list for some more upcoming deadlines for themed submissions.
★ PLANTS & POETRY JOURNEL
Cal for Poetry: Autumn Equinox Collection call for poetry. prose. creative-nonfiction. mixed media. Autumn Equinox Theme: The Autumn Equinox honors the harvest SEP 05
PUBLISHING… AND OTHER FORMS OF INSANITY
This January there are more than three dozen writing contests calling for every genre and form, from poetry, to creative nonfiction, to completed novels. Prizes range from $100,000 to publication. None charge entry fees.
LA SCREEN PLAY AWARDS.COM
SUBMISSIONS: This is the only screenplay competition founded by a team of working Hollywood professionals with more than 1,000 produced credits and a century of collective industry experience. Our roster of Senior Judges includes multiple Oscar, Emmy, Grammy, and WGA Award Winners.
Feature Screenplay https://lascreenplayawards.com/feature-screenplay/
TV Script https://lascreenplayawards.com/tv-script/
Short Screenplay https://lascreenplayawards.com/short-screenplay/
PUBLISHED TO DEATH
“This June there are more than four dozen calls for submissions. All of these are paying markets, and none charge submission fees. As always, every genre, style, and form is wanted, from short stories to poetry to essays.
Happy submitting.” https://publishedtodeath.blogspot.com/
AGENTS & EDITORS
- 60 Calls for Submissions in June 2021 – Paying markets
- Agents: Knowing When To Hold One and When To Fold
- Getting Offers from Multiple Literary Agents
- Literary Agents List
- Preditors and Editors
- Publishing, Writing Terms, Acronyms
- Tips for a Successful Editor Appointment
- Want More? Here’s How to Get It
- What NOT to Do When Beginning Your Novel
- Windup for the (Story) Pitch
- Write the Perfect Book Proposal
CALLS FOR SUBMISSION
FORMATTING & GRAMMAR
- Achieving 250 Words / 25 Lines Per Page
- And Sammy, too? Oh, No!
- Changing Double Hyphens to EM Dashes in Word
- Edit Easier
- High Hopes–Avoiding Common Mistakes
- Misused Words
- Navigating In Your Novel
- Proofreaders Marks
- Rules for Writers
- Slang and Jargon Souces
- Tightening Your Manuscript and Trimming the Word Count
- Copyright Primer, Know Your Rights
- EBooks-Fears to Possibilities
- Finding Markets Fiction and Nonfiction
- Freelance Writing 101
- How To Be a (Shiver) Reporter
- Magazine Links
- Making Money As a Corporate Freelancer
- Market News–All Genres
- Newspaper Writing Resources
- Path to Self-Publishing Success
- Publishing, Writing Terms, Acronyms
- Science Writing Organizations
- Selling to Children’s Markets
- Submission Tracking
- Submitting to UK Markets
- Syndication 101
- To Specialize, or Not to Specialize?
- Why E-Books?
- Writing Groups List
- Youth Writing Markets
- A Dream Realized
- Finding Time to Write
- Five Ways to Promote Yourself
- Fun Inspirations 1
- Fun Inspirations 2
- How Not to Procrastinate
- How to Quit Writing and End up on the Bestseller Lists
- Making Time for Self-Care While Running a Business
- Moving Up the Rejection Ladder
- Pop Quiz: Who Are You?
- Rules for Writers
- The Art of Being Rejected–475 Words
- The Juggling Act
- The Literary Food Chain
- Write Better Naked
- Writer’s Conferences Do You Really Need To Attend?
- Writing By Moonlight
WRITER'S BLOCK & TOOLS
ABOUT WRITING CONTESTS
- 2021 DEC Contests, Workshops, Webinars
- 2021 NOV-JAN Writing Contests, Webinars
- 2021 OCT-DEC Contests & Workshops
- 2021 SEP-NOV Contests & Workshops
- 2021 AUG-SEP Contests & Workshops
- 2021 JUL-SEP Contests & Workshops
- 2021 JUN-AUG Contests & Workshops
- 2021 MAY-JUL Contests & Workshops
- 2021 APR-JUN Contests & Workshops
- 2021 MAR-MAY Contests & Workshops
- 2021 FEB-APR Contests & Workshops
- 2021 JAN – MAR Contests
- 2021 JAN-MAR Contests
- 2020 DEC-JAN Writing Contests
- 2020 OCT-NOV Writing Contests
- 2020 MAY-JUN Writing Contests