For writers of all genre who want to write, and the readers who love them. Find what you want to know.
Conquering the Dreaded Synopsis: A Series of 10 Lectures
By Lisa Gardner
In her Writer’s Toolbox section of the website Lisa offers this great series of lectures (PDF) to help you with the dreaded synopsis.
This in-depth lecture series, developed from a month-long class, covers everything from understanding the publishing market to writing a short synopsis to putting together a complete submission package. If you’re serious about marketing your novel, this is a good place to start.
… read more Scroll down to the LECTURES section of the page.
- 3 Ways to Know When to End Your Chapters
- 7 Excellent Plotting Tips from Agatha Christie
- 7 Ways to Add Great Subplots to Your Novel
- 8 Best Writing Tips to Become a Best Storyteller
- Does Your Plot Need a Subplot?
- Love to Write: Here Is How You Can Build Your Career
- The All Purpose Plot
- Turning Points and Plot Points in Storytelling
- Writing the Novel by the Numbers