For writers of all genre who want to write, and the readers who love them. Find what you want to know.
Writing Groups List
- MeetUp Comic Book Writers https://www.meetup.com/topics/comic-book-writers/
- Indie Comic Artists and Writers – FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/groups/Connecting.Comic.Book.Writers.and.Artists/
- MeetUp Graphic Novel Writers https://www.meetup.com/topics/graphic-novel-writing/
- Writer’s Digest WRITING COMICS & GRAPHIC NOVELS https://www.meetup.com/topics/graphic-novel-writing/
- FaceBook Group for Connecting Comic Writers and Artists https://www.cloudscapecomics.com/2014/01/10/group-connecting-comic-artists/
- Historical Novel Society https://historicalnovelsociety.org/
- Historical Writer’s Association https://historicalwriters.org/
- History Quill Resources https://thehistoryquill.com/tools-resources/
Momwriters – Trying to launch or keep your writing career afloat amidst Barbies and Hot Wheels? Looking for support in a writing forum? Friendship? Conversations that consists of more than, “Why, Mommy?” Momwriters is a forum for discussion of parenting, writing, and anything and everything that affects our lives in between. Momwriters members offer each other support, resources and caring. We actively support each other in various projects and events all year round. Please visit our web site: www.momwriters.com
National Writers Union – The union for freelance writers working in U.S. markets.
National Writers Union Job Hotline – The NWU Job Hotline is a nation-wide, non-profit alternative to job shops, temp agencies, and brokers. The Hotline is a way for employers to locate the writers they need, and writers to find jobs. The Hotline is a project of the National Writers Union and is run by, and for, the writers who use it. Employers list contract jobs for free. Writers contact and deal with employers directly. Must Join
Romance Writers of America – Romance Writers of America is the professional association for 8,400 published and aspiring romance writers. Members of RWA write the novels that make up 55% of all popular paperback fiction and that generate more than $1 billion in sales each year.
Work for Writers – This list is for professional writers, staff or freelance, to find job leads, share information on job searches, writing contacts, contracts, writers’ organizations, etc. The list also posts jobs from employers for print, screen and tv writers, journalists, editors, book indexers, etc.
Write From Home – Whether you’re a freelance writer, author, or writing from home but employed by a publication, this site strives to offer work-at-home writers tips, information and resources to help you balance your writing career and children under one roof. You’ll also find lots of writing and marketing resources to help you achieve the success you desire. It features a chat room, email discussion list, and a Monthly E-zine featuring articles, markets, guidelines, tips and more.
Writing Contests – Want to know about the latest contests but don’t want to spend precious time cruising the net searching for them? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Our members share the best and warn you of the worst. The Writing Contests list is where you’ll find new contests announced and occasional publisher submission requests.
Writer’s Way – This site is full of well-organized links. If you want to find something it won’t be hard here – all links are categorized.
AGENTS & EDITORS
- 60 Calls for Submissions in June 2021 – Paying markets
- Agents: Knowing When To Hold One and When To Fold
- Getting Offers from Multiple Literary Agents
- Literary Agents List
- Preditors and Editors
- Publishing, Writing Terms, Acronyms
- Tips for a Successful Editor Appointment
- Want More? Here’s How to Get It
- What NOT to Do When Beginning Your Novel
- Windup for the (Story) Pitch
- Write the Perfect Book Proposal
CALLS FOR SUBMISSION
FORMATTING & GRAMMAR
- Achieving 250 Words / 25 Lines Per Page
- And Sammy, too? Oh, No!
- Changing Double Hyphens to EM Dashes in Word
- Edit Easier
- High Hopes–Avoiding Common Mistakes
- Misused Words
- Navigating In Your Novel
- Proofreaders Marks
- Rules for Writers
- Slang and Jargon Souces
- Tightening Your Manuscript and Trimming the Word Count
- Copyright Primer, Know Your Rights
- EBooks-Fears to Possibilities
- Finding Markets Fiction and Nonfiction
- Freelance Writing 101
- How To Be a (Shiver) Reporter
- Magazine Links
- Making Money As a Corporate Freelancer
- Market News–All Genres
- Newspaper Writing Resources
- Path to Self-Publishing Success
- Publishing, Writing Terms, Acronyms
- Science Writing Organizations
- Selling to Children’s Markets
- Submission Tracking
- Submitting to UK Markets
- Syndication 101
- To Specialize, or Not to Specialize?
- Why E-Books?
- Writing Groups List
- Youth Writing Markets
- A Dream Realized
- Finding Time to Write
- Five Ways to Promote Yourself
- Fun Inspirations 1
- Fun Inspirations 2
- How Not to Procrastinate
- How to Quit Writing and End up on the Bestseller Lists
- Making Time for Self-Care While Running a Business
- Moving Up the Rejection Ladder
- Pop Quiz: Who Are You?
- Rules for Writers
- The Art of Being Rejected–475 Words
- The Juggling Act
- The Literary Food Chain
- Write Better Naked
- Writer’s Conferences Do You Really Need To Attend?
- Writing By Moonlight
WRITER'S BLOCK & TOOLS
ABOUT WRITING CONTESTS
• ALL WRITING CONTESTS
- 2022 JAN Contests, Workshops, Webinars
- 2021 DEC Contests, Workshops, Webinars
- 2021 NOV-JAN Writing Contests, Webinars
- 2021 OCT-DEC Contests & Workshops
- 2021 SEP-NOV Contests & Workshops
- 2021 AUG-SEP Contests & Workshops
- 2021 JUL-SEP Contests & Workshops
- 2021 JUN-AUG Contests & Workshops
- 2021 MAY-JUL Contests & Workshops
- 2021 APR-JUN Contests & Workshops
- 2021 MAR-MAY Contests & Workshops
- 2021 FEB-APR Contests & Workshops